Intentionally investing in the people who I love.
- Go on a date with my husband, no kids – Scheduled for later in March when my in-laws are in town and they can babysit the kids.
- Go on a date with each of my kids – separately – I went to the movies and Starbucks with my daughter this weekend. My husband took my son to a movie as well. It’s always good to spend one-on-one time with our kids, I think they really appreciate it. It gives us a good chance to talk about things and bond. I will take my son somewhere next weekend and my husband and daughter will go somewhere.
- Sign each of the kids up for one spring activity – Signed both kids up for a cooking class next month and researching sport options.
- Volunteer at kid’s school at least 1x a week – Have it scheduled for this week.
- Schedule two family movie/game nights – We had a big movie night Friday and watched Back to the Future II with the kids – so fun. Will probably have another one this next weekend.
- Send Grandma(s) cards at least 2x – Sent a “thinking of you” card to one Grandma.
- Send at least 3 encouraging/thinking of you/thank you cards to friends/family – Sent a “get well” card to a family member, a “thank you” card to a family member and birthday card.
We’ve lived in our house for six months now (how time flies!) and we haven’t done ANY work or decorating yet – it’s time!
- Paint living room – I picked out my colors and bought paint (and supplies) on Friday! Mr. Queen Bee spackled the nail holes on Saturday and we hope to paint this week!
- Order prints from our Airstream travels – Haven’t started yet. Planning to do this by Sunday.
- Hang photos in living room – Frames purchased, that’s all the progress I’ve made (yeah for 70% off frames at Michaels!)
- Replace light fixtures in kitchen – Haven’t started yet.
- Clean out closets and donate clothes we no longer wear – The kids and I cleaned out the hall closet in the entryway and we got rid of jackets/shoes that were too small. I also cleaned out my bedroom closet and got rid of a small garbage bag full of clothes. Hooray for keeping things simple and organized!
HEALTH / PERSONAL GOALS
Being more active and healthy is important to me but I struggle with making time for it when I work from home and always seem to have “more urgent” things to do. This is one of my areas that I need to work harder at.
- *NEW* Goal – Wake up by 6 a.m. at least 2x a week – This has been a great motivator! I did this last week and hope to wake up everyday before 6 a.m. this week. We’ll see how that goes.
- Go to gym 2x a week (M-F) – This didn’t happen. 🙂
- Drink a gallon of water a day – Drinking more water! I picked up a bunch of lemons and have been drinking lemon water, which has been great! It definitely makes it more fun to drink water and the lemons are great for health, too.
- Lose 10 pounds – Um. . . yeah, about that. I should probably hop on the scale. Maybe tomorrow.
- Get 10,000 steps in least 3 days each week (via my trusty FitBit) – I wore my FitBit all week! This is a big deal since I haven’t worn it since last November. It’s been good to see my activity level and to try and increase those numbers. It’s also been good to see my sleep – which I’ve been neglecting lately.
- Get a hair cut – DONE!
- Finish personal taxes – Haven’t started. I hope to organize all the paperwork this week so I can do it next week.
I currently manage two businesses, Queen Bee Coupons, and a LuLaRoe Clothing shop.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Create/test/photograph and share at least 1 new recipe – Haven’t started
- Queen Bee Coupons : Write a post about our baby chickens – Haven’t started. My mini-goal is to take photos by Friday of the chickens so I can write about each of them.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Write a post about our gardening plans – Haven’t started. My mini-goal is to make a plan by Friday so that I can write about it!
- Queen Bee Coupons : Write a post about travel – Haven’t started.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Host at least one giveaway – Hope to have this posted by the end of the day TODAY!
- Queen Bee Coupons : Host at least one FB live – Will schedule this by Friday.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Finish accounting and corporate tax return by March 15 – Haven’t started this, but now I REALLY need to do this today. Yikes, 2 days left.
- LuLaRoe : Increase sales by 30% from February ($35,000) – Still on track for this!
LuLaRoe : Host at least one open house in March– I decided against this. Too much else going on and I want to paint living room and organize inventory.
- LuLaRoe : Grow my Facebook group by 1000 people – Still working on this, 800 to go.
- *NEW* goal LuLaRoe : HIRE someone to help – I have some leads on this. My goal is to have someone hired to help with inventory, photos by the end of the month.
- LuLaRoe : Set up text alerts for sales – DONE! Finally set this up over the weekend. Text “Follow LuLaFriends” to 40404 to get alerts about LIVE sales. You’ll need to be part of our Facebook group to shop, though.
Goals recap – Last week was a little more hectic than I anticipated, but I still feel like I made good progress on my goals. I feel great about wearing my FitBit and trying to move more, although I’m still sorely behind in my health goals that I set for myself. It’s so hard for me to make it to the gym when I’m juggling work and kids all day. Maybe you can relate? I had an MRI on my knee last Friday as we move forward with knee surgery and I re-injured it Friday afternoon moving boxes around the house, so that’s unfortunate and slowing me down. I’m hoping after my knee (ACL) surgery (perhaps next month?) that I’ll be able to move more and not have knee pain or weakness (after rehab of course). I have a follow-up appointment next week to discuss the MRI and schedule a surgery and discuss recovery times/expectations. (Back story – in January 2012 I snapped my ACL at my sister’s wedding in Hawaii – dancing on a portable dance floor, slipping and falling backwards. I’m a terrible dancer anyway. But this injury has continued to get worse and is impacting my ability to be active without weakness or pain!).
In terms of family goals, both my husband and I had dates with our kiddos one-on-one this weekend and it was really special. We do a lot together as a family but it’s nice to have that personal time with the kids. Makes them feel special and I enjoy focusing my attention on just one of them at at time. I sent get well cards, thinking of you cards and birthday cards last week. But missed two birthdays that are this week – so I need to get cards in the mail today.
I’m still juggling Queen Bee and LuLaRoe and I’m hoping this week I can spend some quality time on Queen Bee articles and features that I’ve been thinking about for some time. My LuLaRoe business is growing faster than I can manage myself and I’ve added a new goal to hire someone to help me – the sooner, the better. I put out a couple feelers last week and hoping that I have someone by the end of the month. It would be amazing if it happened by the end of the week – because I just can’t keep up! Hiring help will allow me to spend more time on Queen Bee stuff and feel like I have a better balance with things. I also have someone coming this week to do some housecleaning. As a business owner who works full-time from home, I have to be intentional about how I use my time and although I love cleaning my house (I really do), it’s one of those things on my plate that I can affordably delegate – freeing me up for more time with my family, to focus on my businesses . . . and maybe even make it to the gym. 🙂
Y’all have been awesome and encouraging as I share the struggles and successes of my March goals. How can I help you be accountable? How can I help you accomplish your goals? Let me know!
Expect my next update next Monday!