Looking for more coupons?? The Sunday paper is the best for getting high-value, manufacturer coupons. Here in Western Washington, the Tacoma News Tribune Couponer’s Subscription Special has a fantastic deal! Not only do you get multiple Sunday papers delivered for $1, but you can also get up to $30 in gift cards to the grocery store of your choice! If you calculate the value of the gift card it’s as low as $0.76 a paper! Hands down the best deal I’ve seen.
This also includes digital access at no extra cost, so you can read the News Tribune online.
Here are the main details:
- This offer is for NEW subscribers only (current subscribers – see step 5)
- Pre-pay only for a six-month period
- You can get up to SIX Sunday papers delivered
- *BONUS!* Earn up to $30 in gift cards, valid at most NW grocery stores – Fred Meyer, Safeway, Albertsons, Whole Foods, QFC, etc.
This is for a 26 week subscription – more than 6 months of papers!
2 Sunday papers – $52
3 Sunday papers – $78 – get a $10 gift card
It’s like getting 76 papers for $68 or $0.87 each!
4 Sunday papers – $104 – get a $20 gift card
It’s like getting 104 papers for $84 or $0.81 each!
*BEST VALUE* 5 Sunday papers – $130 - get a $30 gift card!
It’s like getting 130 papers for $100 or $0.76 each!
6 Sunday papers – $156 – no gift card included
The BEST value is 5 Sunday papers for $130 plus the $30 gift card. I personally get FIVE Sunday papers delivered each week. This works perfectly for things like the Buy 5, Save $5 promotions – giving me enough coupons to make the most of these types of promotions.
Here’s how to get the deal:
- Call 866-754-8808 and ask for the QUEEN BEE SPECIAL
- Tell them how many subscriptions you want – choose two (2) to six (6) Sunday papers each week (2-paper minimum)
- Pre-pay and delivery starts 5-7 business days later
- Gift card redemption: If you give them an email, you’ll receive the gift card redemption info via email. If you provide a mailing address you’ll receive the gift card info in the mail. You select which stores your gift cards are for and they should arrive in 4-6 weeks! If you cancel your pre-paid subscription in the first 90 days they will refund the balance MINUS the gift card values. This is to prevent people for signing up for the offer only for the gift cards, make sense?
- Current subscribers – Email them at [email protected] and explain that you are a current subscriber and that you want to re-up with the Queen Bee special. They will handle those subscription in-house. It’s a super generous offer for existing customers because usually when they offer the paper this low it’s for new customers only! CURRENT subscribers do not qualify for the gift cards – but you will be able to change your subscription to the $1/paper price.
Not sure if you qualify? Want to know if they deliver in your area (you’d be surprised how far they go!). Call 866-754-8808 and they’ll be able to help you out!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I signed up last week BEFORE this promotion was available - can I still get the gift cards? Unfortunately no. This promotion starts EFFECTIVE April 26, 2014. It’s a new bonus being provided by the publisher – we didn’t see it coming.
- What stores are the gift cards for? There are many, many stores that are included in the gift card promotion. Safeway, Fred Meyer, QFC, Albertsons. . .even Whole Foods!
- I get my papers at the Dollar Tree for $1 – why would I subscribe? The gift cards certainly sweeten this deal to BEAT Dollar Tree prices. But there are a few other advantages – if you are a home subscriber the News Tribune GUARANTEES your coupon inserts in your paper – if they are missing them, they hand deliver them as soon as possible. If you buy your papers from a store, the inserts aren’t guaranteed because they are handled by too many people. And many Dollar Tree stores sell out on big coupon weekends – so this way you’re guaranteed you papers and/or more Dollar Trees are limiting the number of papers you can buy. I subscribe because I like opening the door in my pajamas and finding them waiting for me every Sunday morning.
- Any other questions? Leave a comment and I’ll do my best to answer!
Disclosure – I am a partner advertiser with the News Tribune and do receive commission for subscription sales. As with everything on my site – I would not promote if I didn’t feel it was a bargain. I personally subscribe and feel strongly that this offer one of the best they’ve had in more than a year! All opinions and content is my own and you can count on me to be transparent with you!