Add it to your Crockpot Pinterest board here.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumpling Soup
It’s a rare night when I make something in the crockpot and we’re able to eat. it. all. in one night. But this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup was so good that we didn’t have any trouble! We had company over for dinner – and they loved it, too! Everyone had second helpings.
I also cannot emphasize how EASY this recipe was. From throwing in frozen chicken breasts to pre-made biscuits, it doesn’t get much easier than this. I think I could reasonably throw this together before heading out the door to take the kids to school. AND it’s inexpensive – you can find coupons for the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and Grands biscuits!
5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, frozen (we used four whole ones)
3 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
4 cups chicken broth
1 sweet onion diced (we used a regular onion)
3 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons dried tarragon (we used rosemary because we didn’t have tarragon)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 8ct pkg Grands flaky layer biscuits
We also added diced carrots and some frozen peas.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Throw all the ingredients (except for the biscuits) into a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Cut biscuits into small pieces. You can pull about the different layers. I went for smaller sizes so that they would cook faster and not be doughy.
- Add uncooked biscuit pieces back to soup, then add the shredded chicken.
- Stir it up, so all the dough and chicken is submerged in liquid.
- Cook for an extra 45 minutes on high.
- Stir again and serve!
Do you make chicken and dumpling soup in the crockpot? What’s your favorite variation?
Here are other Slow Cooker Crockpot recipes we’ve recently posted:
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Applesauce recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples recipe
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Pumpkin recipe (you can’t taste the pumpkin!)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe recipe
- Slow Cooker Breakfast – Overnight Pumpkin Pie Steel-Cut Oats
(Original source: Bubble Crumb)