Welcome to the Queen Bee Coop-on Tour. Every day for the next couple weeks or so I’ll be featuring a different chicken coop! These were all sent in by Queen Bee readers. Here’s our second coop, sent in by Angie in Vancouver, Washington!
Cost: About $400. We ended up spending a little more then they wanted to because they live so close to their neighbors. The neighbors now call it the “Hilton Henhouse”!
Who built? We built our own coop! We used a lot of ideas and pictures from BackYardChickens.com for inspiration.
Favorite features: My favorite features are the tongue and groove cedar siding my husband found cheap, we have two guillotine style doors to let the chickens in and out of the henhouse and out of the coop into the run. My favorite feature is the poop hammock I made. I came across this in my research and WOW what a difference it has made in cleaning. I never have to pick up poop in the henhouse. Just take it out and shake it into the compost pile. It has saved me time and money. (See picture w/ LuLu modeling for you)
Thank you Angie for sending in your coop photos! I love the style and that tongue and groove cedar siding is super classy! I love the look. I also like the stone foot path you put around it.
Do you have chicken coop? I’d love to see photos and you can be featured here on Queen Bee! Email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line coop tour.
- Building Chicken Coops For Dummies – $12.03 (reg. $19.99)
- Chicken Coops: 45 Building Ideas for Housing Your Flock – $13.48 (reg. $19.95)
- The Joy of Keeping Chickens: The Ultimate Guide to Raising Poultry for Fun or Profit (The Joy of Series) – $14.95
- Storey’s Guide to Raising Chickens, 3rd Edition – $12.36
Feed and water:
- Hanging Poultry & Gamebird Feeder with Feed Pan, 30 Lb Galvanized Steel – $23.97 (reg. $27.99)
- Little Giant 11 Lbs Plastic Hanging Poultry Feeder PHF11 – $19.99
- Little Giant 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Fountain PPF3 – $33.50 (reg. $39.99)