Mouse over image to PIN or click here to repin
This Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup is very, very easy and super hearty. You can serve it with tortilla chips or this delicious homemade cornbread recipe I posted yesterday. The liquid cooks down and it become very chunky (which I like) so if you like a runnier soup add more chicken broth.
4 chicken breasts (I used frozen chicken breasts)
Two (2) 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
Two (2) 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
1 Cup salsa
1 4 oz can of green chilies
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 Cup of frozen corn
One (1) 15 oz can of chicken broth
Plus tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO PREPARE
1.) Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in slow cooker (a six-quart slow cooker works best). Amazon has this Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker for only $29.99.
2.) Cook on low for 8 hours (since I used frozen chicken breasts I cooked mine on high).
3.) Before serving, remove chicken, shred and return to slow cooker. Serve over crushed tortilla chips and add shredded cheese to taste.
This soup recipe was modified from one sent in by Stephanie as part of our Soup and Salad recipe series! Since I am featuring it on the blog, Stephanie gets a $10 Amazon gift card!
You might also like:
- Leftover Turkey Chowder recipe (it uses leftover mashed potatoes, too!)
- Curried Corn & Cheddar Chowder recipe
- Spicy Asian Noodle Soup
- New Waldorf salad with Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Winter Bok Choy Slaw
- Arugula Pasta Salad with Pecans and Blue Cheese
- Roasted Garlic, White Bean and Kale soup
- Southwestern Salad with Avocado-Lime dressing!
- Quinoa, arugula, pistachio, balsamic vinegar salad
- Homemade tomato soup with basil and thyme (with thyme-roasted croutons)
- Roasted Carrot, Goat Cheese and Arugula salad
- Crockpot Beef and Barley soup