This is big news for Safeway shoppers – their popular Just for U Safeway program is finally here in the Northwest! Just for U offers you personalized savings based on your previous shopping habits. I logged into my account and found I got $0.25 cent limes. . . I might have to celebrate with Margaritas (hee hee). I also scored a FREE dozen of eggs – which I believe is available to all new Just for U users! I also had a lot of other personalized offers like Fresh Express salad mixes for $1.29 and Tilliamook sour cream for $1.69. It’s a little freaky how they are tailored to my “likes” or my shopping history – but if I can get deals on products I use regularly, I guess it’s worth it.
Here’s how to access the Safeway Just for U program:
- Login to your Safeway account (create one if you haven’t)
- You should see a Just for U graphic (like the yellow one pictured above).
- Click on “personalized deals” to see the special prices offered just for you.
- You can select Coupon Center – which takes you to the e-coupons. I spotted a $1 coupon good off any Planter’s peanut butter!
- With e-coupons you just “add” them to your card. At checkout, when you enter your phone number or swipe your card, the coupons are automatically deducted! It’s super easy.
I recommend printing your list the first few times you go to the store. The program is new, so I will bring my list, to be safe. I have heard people have had issues with the free egg coupon coming off at checkout.
Head over to the Just For U frequently asked questions – I found it helpful in understanding how the program works.
And I’d love to hear – what do you think of this program? Go login and tell me what you got!
(Thanks, Frugal Living NW!)