Fred Meyer or QFC Fuel Program
Have you heard about the new fuel program at QFC and Fred Meyer? They have partnered with Shell gas stations to give Washington, Idaho and Oregon residents discounted gas based on points you earn by shopping at QFC and Fred Meyer stores. You can earn up to $1 off per gallon (up to 35 gallons).
How the Fred Meyer/QFC Fuel Rewards program works:
Until now you could only redeem 100 fuel points each time you filled up, so a max of 10 cents off per gallon, per fill-up at Fred Meyer, QFC or Shell Station.
With the NEW program, you can CHOOSE your discount! For example, if you have 400 fuel points, you can choose to redeem 100, 200 or 400 fuel points for a discount of $0.10 cents, $0.20 cents or $0.40 cents per gallon – up to $1 per gallon (1,000 fuel points). You earn one point per dollar you spend at Fred Meyer or QFC stores.
Don’t have a Fred Meyer or QFC fueling station near you? Don’t worry – you can fuel up at any Shell gas station! I just entered my phone number (alternative ID) into the machine and it pulled up my points. Some gas stations even have a way to scan your Fred Meyer or QFC card to access your points!
What you should do at the pump:
- If paying inside, see cashier BEFORE inserting your QFC Advantage Card or Fred Meyer card
- BEFORE you insert your payment card, follow the screen prompts to initiate the QFC or Fred Meyer discount process.
- Insert your QFC Advantage Card or Fred Meyer card, or manually enter your alternate ID or your QFC Advantage Card number or Fred Meyer card number (found on the back of your card), your 1-2-3 REWARDS® Visa® Card or key fob.
- Select your form of payment and fuel grade.
- Save up to $1 per gallon up to a maximum of 35 gallons of fuel on a single purchase.
Other things to know:
- You earn one fuel point for every $1 you spend at Fred Meyer or QFC. Once you earn 100 or more points in a calendar month, you can start redeeming gas rewards!
- DOUBLE the fuel points for gift card purchases! For example, a $25 gift card = $50 fuel points.
- The option to choose your fuel discount is not an option at Shell stations – it will automatically give you the greatest discount you have available. It is available at Fred Meyer and QFC stations.
- Discount is limited to 35 gallons, one vehicle.
- Download the Fred Meyer or QFC apps to track your fuel rewards.
- You can scan your Fred Meyer or QFC card at any Fred Meyer fuel center to get 3 cents off per gallon, always.
Giveaway – Enter to win!
My kids thought it was pretty cool – although they have no concept how much I spend on gas. My 2-year-old daughter hasn’t quite grasped the thumbs up – she thinks any finger will do, ha! But I was sure happy, I filled up my empty Subaru Outback (the gas light was on) and it took 14 gallons, so I saved $14! I know many of you have larger gas tanks – so your savings could be up to $35!
I’m really excited for this giveaway – one lucky reader is going to get a load of stuff. Fred Meyer, QFC and Shell stations have partnered up to give one lucky Queen Bee reader the following:
- 1,000 fuel points, which will allow you to fill up to 35 gallons with a $1 per gallon discount!
- $100 Fred Meyer or QFC gift card for you to purchase groceries and start earning fuel points! You earn one Fuel Point for every dollar you spend on qualifying items when you use your Fred Meyer Rewards Card or QFC Advantage Card. You earn 50 points for prescriptions and you also earn double Fuel Points for every dollar spent on most third-party gift cards from the in-store Gift Card Malls.
- $50 Shell gift card for you to purchase fuel with your newly earned Fuel Points.
There are a MAXIMUM two entries per person for this giveaway. Leave one comment for EACH entry – each comment counts as one entry (so maximum of two comments per person).
Here are the two ways you can enter:
- Leave a comment on this post. Any comment will do. Need some ideas – Have you used Fred Meyer or QFC gas rewards before? Do you think you’ll be more likely to shop at Fred Meyer or QFC now that they have a gas rewards program?
- Share this giveaway with someone. Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, email, word-of-mouth, text message, homing pigeon, sky writer – whatever way you want, just share the love. Tell me you shared it in a separate comment as your second entry.
It’s that simple. I will use a nifty program to randomly select ONE comment as the “winning” comment. I will email that person and post the winning name here on QueenBeeCoupons.com. Pay special attention to the email you use, that’s how I will contact the winner! Giveaway ends May 5 at 9 p.m. PST.
Disclaimer – Fred Meyer sent me a Fred Meyer gift card, a Shell gift card and gave me 1,000 reward points so that I could try out their new Gas Rewards program and tell you all about it. All content, cute kids, messy cars, photos and random ramblings are mine.