Mouse over image (top right) to PIN or click here to REPIN
These Marshmallow Valentine’s are so easy and so customizable you can take the idea and run with it. Between white chocolate, milk chocolate, colored marshmallows, big marshmallows, sprinkle varieties, gummie candies and more – the possibilities are endless!
- Marshmallows – I had regular ole white marshmallows, but you could get the new bigger sized ones – that would be fun! And I know they come in lots of colors.
- Gummy candies - Optional. On some I added a gummy above the marshmallow.
- Some kind of stick. I used BBQ skewers, trimmed to the right length. You can also use cupcake toppers. I found them at the Dollar Tree.
- White Chocolate - Or milk or dark chocolate. See I told you this was flexible.
- Sprinkles. Any kind.
- Cellophane - I used a little baggies, found at Dollar Tree 40 for $1, but you could cut it to size off a roll, and do it that way, too.
1.) Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Nuke it until it starts to soften. Stir about every 20-30 seconds. You don’t want it to burn.
2.) Place your desired candies or marshmallows on the stick
3.) Dip bottom half of marshmallow into chocolate.
4.) Hold marshmallow over another bowl and pour sprinkles over warm chocolate as you turn it.
5.) Place on wax or parchment paper while it hardens.
6.) Wrap in cellophane, add a ribbon and a note.
It’s that easy! You can do a million different styles or colors. Try finding a store with bulk candies like Winco – that’s where I found the gummy hearts.
I like these Valentines because the kids can help. They won’t necessarily be the prettiest – but really, they can dip and add sprinkles. Then they can make a homemade note to attach. Or attach a commercial boxed Valentine – whatever you like!
Head over and check out my Valentine idea with Haribo Gummi Bears!
I can’t take credit for this cute idea – head over to The Sweet Life to see her variation.