Every once in a while it happens – a carefully planned shopping trip ends in disappointment when a catalina doesn’t print at checkout.
Don’t know what a catalina is? Read this post: What is a Catalina? How Can I find out current Catalina offers?
If you didn’t receive a catalina you were expecting, you have a few options. . .
CHECK THE TERMS OF THE DEAL
- Make sure you’ve bought the right size, type and quantity of product, and that the offer is still valid. The Coupon Network website has all the current catalina deals (also called YourBucks offers).
- Check that the store where you made the purchase is participating in the offer. Retailers and manufacturers decide which stores are included in a promotional offer. Not all stores in a chain always participate in the same offers. Check with the customer service desk or in the store’s weekly ad if you have questions on what offers are running. You can also find a complete list of national catalina deals at the Coupon Network website, click on Your Bucks offers and enter your zip code to find participating retailers.
If you’re confident your transaction qualified for an offer but the catalina did not print, you can request it from the company that runs the promotions, Catalina Marketing.
HOW TO REQUEST A CATALINA THAT DIDN’T PRINT
You have 14 days from the date of your transaction to request your catalina. Make your claim on the Catalina Marketing Consumer Support website - from the drop down menu on the site, select “I didn’t receive a coupon or offer I was expecting.” You’ll be asked a series of questions about your transaction.
When you make your claim, have this information available:
Information about your transaction:
Most of it can be found on your receipt
- Store name and store number
- Store address and telephone number
- Date and time of purchase
- Complete row of numbers next to date and time on the receipt
- Total amount of your transaction
- Loyalty card number (or for Walgreens only, the RFN number)
Information about the offer:
- Name of the promotion (for example, spend $100 and receive $5 off your next order)
- Description of the coupon you expected to receive (for example, $5 off next order)
- Number of coupons expected (for example, 3 x $5)
- Total dollar amount of coupon expected (ex. $15)
If your transaction cannot be found in their system, Catalina Marketing may require you to fax, email or mail a copy of your original receipt.
If you have trouble with the online process, you can call Catalina Marketing Consumer Support at (888) 826-8766 and request it this way.
KEEP YOUR PAPERWORK
Keep all the details about the transaction and the offer, and your original receipt until you receive your coupon in the mail. You can expect to receive your coupon in about two weeks.
A TIP FOR YOUR NEXT CATALINA TRANSACTION
Not all checkout lanes have catalina printers. So before you checkout, make sure the lane you choose has a catalina printer and that it’s on (look for the little green light). Some checkout lanes – often those at the deli counter, pharmacy, or garden center and self-checkout lanes – do not have catalina printers.