Mouse of image to PIN (top right corner) or click here to repin
I’m kind of a quinoa addict. If you’ve been following my recipes, you probably already know this. This Quinoa Avocado Spinach Salad with lemon and chickpeas is yet another version of a quinoa salad – this one is full of protein with garbanzo beans, avocado and the quinoa itself (did you know quinoa is high in protein? It is!).
1-2 cups cooked quinoa (cook your quinoa in the rice cooker!)
Costco is a great place to buy quinoa.
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 avocados, peeled and diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 cups of spinach, washed and dried
1 bunch of cilantro, washed and chopped finely
1/4 cup of red onion, diced very small
2 small cloves of garclic
Juice of two lemons
Zest of one lemon
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon agave nectar (I used honey)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE
1.) Take your cooked quinoa and add all your ingredients to it.
2.) Whisk together your dressing in a separate bowl. Mix well.
3.) Pour over quinoa and and other ingredients. Toss until it’s evenly coated!
I use a lot of fresh lemon juice in my recipes, I have something similar to this Progressive International Lemon Squeezer (Amazon).
This salad recipe is part of our Soup and Salad recipe series! You might also like:
- Leftover Turkey Chowder recipe (it uses leftover mashed potatoes, too!)
- Curried Corn & Cheddar Chowder recipe
- Spicy Asian Noodle Soup
- New Waldorf salad with Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Winter Bok Choy Slaw
- Arugula Pasta Salad with Pecans and Blue Cheese
- Roasted Garlic, White Bean and Kale soup
- Southwestern Salad with Avocado-Lime dressing!
- Quinoa, arugula, pistachio, balsamic vinegar salad
- Homemade tomato soup with basil and thyme (with thyme-roasted croutons)
- Roasted Carrot, Goat Cheese and Arugula salad
- Crockpot Beef and Barley soup
Do you have a favorite soup or salad? Send it in! You could get a $10 Amazon gift card if I feature your recipe!
Source: This recipe is from Diva Dish