If you shop somewhere often, it’s always a good idea to have read and understand the official store coupon policy. Safeway just released a new and revised coupon policy and it has some exciting changes!
You can find the complete Safeway coupon policy here, but here are some of the highlights:
4. Coupons cannot be applied against the free item received in any offer where a customer buys one or more items to get one or more items free.
8. Safeway will accept valid manufacturer coupons that display another retailer’s logo or name.
Wahoo! This means you can use coupons from other stores ads – as long as they are manufacturer coupons it won’t matter if they have other stores logos on them.
9. Safeway will accept valid Catalina manufacturer coupons that are issued to a customer by another retailer.
Wahoo! This means you can use your catalinas from Albertsons or any other retailer! I’m not sure about Walgreens Register rewards, you’ll have to check with your local store.
Internet Printed Coupons:
16. We gladly accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
17. Internet printed coupons must scan at checkout.
18. Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
19. Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
20. We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacturer coupons.
Load to Card Club Coupons:
21. Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card.
(Thanks, Maybe Frugal!)