A week ago Sunday we had this masterpiece for Sunday brunch – Slow Cooker Blueberry French Toast. It not only made the house smell amazing but it was a very delicious breakfast. This would be best made when you have company over – because it makes 12 servings and it is very, very rich, so a little bit goes a long way.
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup 2% milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
12 ounces cream cheese, cubed
HOW TO PREPARE
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon together. Gradually whisk in milk and maple syrup until blended.
- Place half the bread in a greased 5- or 6-quart slow cooker (we used coconut oil to grease pan), layer with half of the blueberries, cream cheese and egg mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife is inserted into French toast and it comes out clean.
- Enjoy. We didn’t even put syrup on ours.
BLUEBERRY SYRUP RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS
We didn’t personally make this part of the recipe, but it sounds delicious!
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup cold water
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
For the syrup – in a small saucepan combine sugar and constarch; stir in water until smooth. Add 1/4 cup blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until the berries pop, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stire in lemon juice, butter and remaining berries. Serve with french toast!
This recipe was sent in by Robyn as part of our Crock-tober series – so she’ll get a $10 Amazon gift card! Send in your recipe and if I feature your recipe on the blog you’ll get a $10 Amazon gift card!
Here are other Slow Cooker Crockpot recipes we’ve recently posted:
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Applesauce recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples recipe
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Pumpkin recipe (you can’t taste the pumpkin!)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe recipe
- Slow Cooker Breakfast – Overnight Pumpkin Pie Steel-Cut Oats
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe
What’s your favorite kind of french toast? Have you ever made french toast in the slow cooker before?