I don’t know what it is, but people love pouring Coke on meat in the Crockpot. I think the Pioneer Woman is probably to thank for this sweet trick – so thank you Ree. Next time you’re in town, I’d love to have you over for dinner and oh, sure – you can cook, that would be awesome!
Truth be told, I actually ended up making this recipe up – it’s very, very simple. I had received different variations of beef roast recipes from some of you – so I ended up adding ingredients that I had and leaving out ingredients that I didn’t. This roast was incredibly tender and I liked the slightly sweet flavor that came from the Coke. It was a big hit with the handsome husband.
Beef roast of some kind. I look for cheap cuts. They will be in the slow cooker so long they usually tenderize just perfectly. Ask your butcher if you’re uncertain what kind of roast to buy.
2 cans of Coca-Cola (I bet Dr. Pepper would be good, too)
Lipton Recipe Secrets, Onion
Amazon actually has a pretty decent deal on these – $1.58/box shipped with subscribe and save.
Lipton Recipe Secrets, Onion, 2Count 2Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) – $9.23
Carrots, roughly chopped (or use baby carrots for ease)
Salt and Pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE
- Place beef roast into crockpot. If it has a fatty layer on it, I usually try and put that on top, so it drips down through meat to moisturize.
- Sprinkle chopped vegetables around the roast in the slow cooker.
- Pour two Coca-Colas over roast into slow cooker
- Sprinkle one package of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion on top of the roast
- Cook on high for 8-10 hours or until meat is falling apart and your vegetables are tender
What is your favorite way to make beef roasts in the Crockpot? I’ve also made a similar recipe, but instead of Coca-Cola you can add a can of crushed tomatoes.
Here are other Slow Cooker Crockpot recipes we’ve recently posted:
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chop recipe
- Slow Cooker Crockpot Blueberry French Toast Breakfast (with homemade syrup recipe)
- Slow Cooker Crockpot Baked Potato Soup with all the fixin’s
- Slow Cooker Crockpot Chicken Broth (I used a Costco rotisserie chicken!)
- Slow Cooker Caramel made with sweetened condensed milk
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Applesauce recipe
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples recipe
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Pumpkin recipe (you can’t taste the pumpkin!)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe recipe
- Slow Cooker Breakfast – Overnight Pumpkin Pie Steel-Cut Oats
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe