This slow cooker Strawberry Applesauce recipe has been a huge hit with my kids and I love it because it’s so darn easy. I searched all over online for a slow cooker strawberry applesauce recipe that I liked and I couldn’t find one – so I made this one up using ingredients I had on hand at the time.
After I let it cool overnight in the fridge I put it into one-cup size, sealed containers to make it an easy snack.
Apples - about three (3) pounds. I used a combination of Gala and Granny Smith apples.
Strawberries - about one (1) pound, I used frozen and I didn’t measure it out exactly
I probably could have used less. If you want just a hint of strawberry flavor, use 1/2 pound
Orange juice, 1/3 cup
Brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons
Juice from one large lemon, which came to about 1/4 cup for me
One whole cinnamon stick
Vanilla, 1 teaspoon
HOW TO PREPARE
- Peel apples. I didn’t do this the first time and I really wish I had
- Cut apples into slices. The size doesn’t really matter – it will all be mush in a matter of hours
- Throw apples into slow cooker
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker
- Cook on low for about 8-10 hours
It made about 1.75 quarts of apple sauce for me. I put it in fridge overnight to cool and then separated it into smaller containers for snack time.
Do you make your own apple sauce? What’s your favorite recipe?
Here are other Slow Cooker Crockpot recipes we’ve recently posted:
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Apples recipe
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Pumpkin recipe (you can’t taste the pumpkin!)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe recipe
- Slow Cooker Breakfast – Overnight Pumpkin Pie Steel-Cut Oats
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe