I’ve had a few questions from you about the Lacey TOP Foods (Haggen) store closing – wondering about mark downs and close out sales. So today I stopped into the store to get the scoop.
First of all, let me say, that I’m very sad to see the store closing. It doesn’t matter where you do most of your shopping – I think it’s always sad to see a grocery store (or any business for that matter) close it’s doors. People will likely lose jobs or be moved to other retailers – and that makes me really sad. If you go into the store, you’ll know what I mean – empty shelves, quiet aisles, it’s certainly not the vibrant, bustling place it usually is.
Here’s what I could find out:
- The store is NOT honoring any of the store ads. The ad match-ups that we post for TOP Foods aren’t applicable at this store.
- There is lots of produce, meat and perishables in the store. I talked with a produce employee and they said they will continue to order normally for the next two weeks.
- They are expected to close sometime in mid-March
- Currently the entire store seems to be at least 5% off – produce, meat, perishables, deli, etc. Some areas – like packaged goods are 10% off. Things like toiletries and natural health care products looked like they might be as much as 20% off. And seasonal items – like Valentine’s candy/cards are all 30% off. Keep in mind – this discount is off the shelf price. So I hate to say it, but I didn’t see any “deals” at this time – without a store ad, the shelf prices are pretty high – so 10-20% wasn’t enough for me to pick anything up.
- You can still use manufacturer coupons. This could change with any notice. They have stopped taking WIC checks.
- The discount will increase as they get closer to mid-March. I don’t know the deduction schedule, but I’m guessing it will be similar to the Albertsons closure – with the discount jumping to 40-50% off and ultimately getting to 75 – 90% off products.
If you know anything else and would like to share – please do! Do you shop here regularly? Where will you shop after this store closes?