It’s been FIVE (5) days since I shared with you my goals for this month (March 2017) and I thought I’d give you a little update on my progress (or lack thereof). . . .
Intentionally investing in the people who I love.
- Go on a date with my husband, no kids – Scheduled for later in March when my in-laws are in town and they can babysit the kids.
- Go on a date with each of my kids – separately – Scheduled for this weekend. Not sure what we’ll be doing exactly yet.
- Sign each of the kids up for one spring activity – Signed both kids up for a cooking class next month and researching sport options.
- Volunteer at kid’s school at least 1x a week – Volunteered last week and scheduled to volunteer this week.
- Schedule two family movie/game nights – Not scheduled yet.
- Send Grandma(s) cards at least 2x – Sent a “thinking of you” card to one Grandma.
- Send at least 3 encouraging/thinking of you/thank you cards to friends/family – Haven’t sent any yet. But did go to Dollar Tree and stocked up on cards for this!
We’ve lived in our house for six months now (how time flies!) and we haven’t done ANY work or decorating yet – it’s time!
- Paint living room – Haven’t even picked up paint or supplies yet! Hopefully this week!
- Order prints from our Airstream travels – Haven’t started yet.
- Hang photos in living room – Frames purchased, that’s all the progress I’ve made (yeah for 70% off frames at Michaels!)
- Replace light fixtures in kitchen – Haven’t started yet.
- Clean out closets and donate clothes we no longer wear – Haven’t started yet.
HEALTH / PERSONAL GOALS
Being more active and healthy is important to me but I struggle with making time for it when I work from home and always seem to have “more urgent” things to do. This is one of my areas that I need to work harder at.
- Go to gym 2x a week (M-F) – That didn’t happen. 🙂
- Drink a gallon of water a day – I have been drinking more water, but I need to be better about tracking it. My sister was in town, so we drank wine instead. 🙂
- Lose 10 pounds – Um no. Not yet. I think the scale tipped the other direction thanks to having too much fun with sister this weekend.
- Get 10,000 steps in least 3 days each week (via my trusty FitBit) – I finally plugged my FitBit in to charge. Will start wearing it tomorrow or later today.
- Get a hair cut – Scheduled an appointment! It’s been months. So excited.
- Finish personal taxes – Haven’t started.
I currently manage two businesses, Queen Bee Coupons, and a LuLaRoe Clothing shop.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Create/test/photograph and share at least 1 new recipe – Haven’t started
- Queen Bee Coupons : Write a post about our baby chickens – Haven’t started.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Write a post about our gardening plans – Haven’t started.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Write a post about travel – Haven’t started.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Host at least one giveaway – Haven’t started, but I did think about what I want to do. Hope to do this later in the week.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Host at least one FB live – Haven’t scheduled this.
- Queen Bee Coupons : Finish accounting and corporate tax return by March 15 – Haven’t started this, but need to!
- LuLaRoe : Increase sales by 30% from February ($35,000) – On track for this! Had multiple live sales and I’m working on an album sale for this week.
- LuLaRoe : Host at least one open house in March – Scheduled it but haven’t advertised it yet.
- LuLaRoe : Grow my Facebook group by 1000 people – 110 new people in the last week. Hoping album sale/giveaway will help with this!
- LuLaRoe : Set up text alerts for sales – Haven’t done this yet.
Goals recap – Last week I had two kids home sick from school – on two days – so I didn’t have the time during the workweek to get as much accomplished as I would have liked – but I had time with my kids and was where I needed to be. This weekend was all about INVESTING in family. My time with my sister, cousin, aunt, kids, and husband was awesome. It meant eating out too much, drinking wine instead of water, hanging out instead of painting and much more. But I wouldn’t change it for anything.
I’m adding a new goal to my personal goals – Wake up at 6 a.m. at least 2 days a week. I gotta start waking up earlier. I did this today and I feel so much more ahead of things.
How are you doing with your goals this week? I’d love to hear!